Sunday, June 10, 2012

Something Out Of Nothing: Part 2

I'm happy to report that Hubby is feeling much better and is recouperating well.  However, he has been through several cases of bottled water during his recouperation.  What to do with all these stinking water bottles?  Make flowers of course!



This first set of flowers were made from a generic brand of water in which the top portion of the bottles were ridged, thus giving the flowers some riges on the petals.  I wasn't real happy with the look of the ridges, so I started buying Dasani water because the tops of the bottles are smooth.  (Sorry, I dont' have any pictures of the flowers made with the Dasani bottles, nor did I take pictures for steps 1-4;  next time I will be sure to get pictures of each step!)


Step 1:  Remove the cap and put aside, then cut your bottle depending on how large you want your flower.  I usually cut at the first horizontal ridge just below the slanted top.

Step 2:  Cut your petals equal distance apart vertically from the edge toward the top all the way around.  You can get creative here and cut on an angle or in a wavy deisgn and in various widths.

Step 3:  Cut the tips of your petals in whatever desired shape.  Some I made curved, and others I made slanted cut, and still others I made with a pointed tip.

Step 4:  Bend your petals at the base to get the desired shape.


Step 5:  Spray paint the bottom first, and when dry, spray paint the top.

Step 6:  Spray paint your cap your desired color and let dry.




Step 7:  Glue your painted cap on the top of your petal.  The only glue I had on hand was fingernail glue (thank you 13yo daughter!) and I must say, it worked very well!  I put the glue around the center of the flower then placed the cap in the glue and held it until it dried (about 20 seconds).




Step 8:  If you would like, you can attach a magnet to the back to place on your fridge, or attach it to a floral stick to place it in your garden.  Use your imagination and most importantly, have fun!










No comments:

Post a Comment